Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Connecting through 80 Clicks

This is a tag from Art - who got it from Boo who got it from HBM who is hoping to connect blogging Mothers all over the world in 80 clicks.

Here are the rules:Just write a post of your own (5 things that you love about being a mom) and find someone to link to and tag - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country - and link back here and leave a comment

Things I love about being a MOM.

I love how motherhood has changed my perspective. Vk comes ahead of my preferences’ these days. Even when shopping, I first look around the kids section before looking for anything else. My eyes always wander for good deals and discounts. Now I still look for these but I look around for him than for myself.

I am too scared/ shy to sing or even hum lyrics when in a group. For a long time Hubby kept pestering me to sing but I never budged and he eventually gave up on me. However these days I don’t care if I am in a group or in a public place... If VK needs to be pacified I sing to him. Every night I sing rhymes to him loud enough for Hubby to hear and I don’t care that it sounds bad… as long as it puts my little one to sleep.There goes my shyness flying out of the window!!

Motherhood had made me a more tolerant person. I hated a messy house. These days my house is messy most times with balls of different shapes and sizes scattered all over. I now contribute to the mess with getting balls in every shopping trip and also throwing them around the house and playing with him.

I have loosened up and dont worry anymore about plan changes and being in control. I have learned to enjoy each moment as it comes.

I love the fact that I am the most important person in someone’s life.( I know its sounds selfish !!!!) . Its give me so much pride that this little human depends totally on me and it’s my responsibility to nurture and protect him.

I pass this Tag to

Preethi from USA
Nitya from Bombay
Deeps from Qatar
Nino’s mum From Ahmedabad

8 comments:

Artnavy said...

thanks for taking this tag up
am sure u enjoyed the tag:-)

VJ said...

I sure did Art !!!
thanks for tagging me !!
anything about motherhood make me mushy!!

Nino's Mum said...

what a beautiful post! :) thanks for tag, hope to do it soon - although, you've pretty much said it for me! hugs.

Deeps said...

What an amazing post,VJ.Thank you so much for tagging me.Will surely take it up...although,you've pretty much covered the essence of it.

"My eyes always wander for good deals and discounts. Now I still look for these but I look around for him than for myself."...LOL..ditto for me too:))

Preethi said...

Beautiful post... how priorities change dont they!!

VJ said...

@ NM: Thank you...would love to hear your say on this one !!
Hugs to you too !!!

@Deeps: I knew you would love this one !!!
aha...another point where we think alike:-)

@Preethi: cant wait to read your post on this... I am already sure I would be ROFL after reading it.
priorities totally change !!
I cant believe that I have changed so much.

sole said...

Beautiful post! I could nod my head and agree to everything you've said there!

VJ said...

Thanks Sole !!